Exporting images to PDFs can save disk space for users, as HD image files tend to be large in size. In this era when everyone pursues higher levels of confidentiality, PDF documents can be well protected by password and encryption technology.
So how do we convert an image file (JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, and JPEG) into a PDF? This article will discuss several image to PDF converters on desktop and mobile devices.
How to Convert Images to PDFs on PC
This part will mainly revolve around how to save a picture as a PDF for Windows and Mac users.
How to Convert Images to PDFs on Windows
SwifDoo PDF is a free JPG to PDF converter which supports multiple conversion tasks, such as PDF to Office formats (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), image (PNG, JPG, TIF, and BMP) to PDF and vice versa.
This converter streamlines the workflow and simplifies the conversion process. Users only need to import their image files to the workstation. Let’s take a closer look at how to convert an image to a PDF with the help of SwifDoo PDF Converter.
- Download the free image to PDF converter from the official website, then install the program;
- Launch the software and click one of the conversion taskswithin the box to trigger SwifDoo PDF Converter;
- When you see the following picture, click Image to PDF to upload an image file or multiple files, and then click Start to perform conversion task.
In addition, SwifDoo PDF allows users to change the output file size: original size, A4 landscape or portrait, or custom page size.
Soda PDF is a multi-platform picture to PDF converter. It has both online and desktop versions. As another useful PDF converter, Soda PDF enables users to save a PDF as a PDF/A, TXT, RTF, and HTML. With regards to exporting a picture to PDF with Soda PDF Desktop, the process is different from that of SwifDoo PDF:
- Download and install Soda PDF;
- Open the software and click Convert to choose File to PDF;
- Import an image file to the Soda PDF;
- After the image is loaded to the workstation, select Save or use Ctrl + S to export the newly created PDF file.
The free conversion process only requires several steps, but it cannot adjust the page size when compared to SwifDoo PDF Converter.
Similar to Soda PDF, PDF Candy offers two versions: online and desktop. The user interface is intuitive, and users can easily navigate to what they want. What’s more important, PDF Candy Desktop is a powerful converter as it supports many more file conversions among different formats, including MOBI, ePub, ODT, and ODS.
Let’s go deeper how can we turn an image to a PDF with PDF Candy:
- Download the PDF converter from the official web;
- Install and start the program;
- Click Convert to PDF on the left-sided menu bar;
- Choose any feature you need: JPG to PDF; PNG to PDF; TIFF to PDF; BMP to PDF.
PDF Candy makes image to PDF conversion much easier, but please note that a non-paid user can only perform 2 free tasks. Subscription to a premium plan is required if users wish for further options.
How to Convert Images to PDFs on Mac
Mac users do not require external PDF converters to save an image as a PDF. The built-in Preview application has covered the conversion need. Preview is Mac’s natural image viewer and PDF reader.
- Open the image using Preview;
- Click Export To on the File tab;
- Choose PDF as the output format.
Of course, Mac users have many other methods to turn an image file into a PDF, however Preview seems to be the most direct and cost-saving approach.
How to Convert Images to PDFs on Mobile Device
The increase in mobile phone users has led to a high demand to save and convert images on phones to PDFs. Whether you are using an Android or Apple phone, you may need an at-hand PDF converter to help you quickly export an image to a PDF. The following tips can help you choose an available PDF converter.
How to Convert Images to PDFs on iOS, iPad
By Printer Options
The simplest method to save an image as a PDF on your iPhone or iPad is to utilize Printer Options:
- Click Photos and select the photos you want to convert (it can be one or multiple photos);
- Press the Share button on the bottom left;
- Scroll down to choose Print;
- When you reach the Printer Options page, put your finger at the photos and use a spreading gesture.
- Your image files have been PDF and you can save the PDF to Files or other applications.
By Online PDF Converters
Actually, no matter you are iPhone, iPad, or Android users, you can make use of Internet-based PDF tools to save an image to a PDF. Such converters include iLovePDF, Smallpdf, jpg2pdf, freepdfconvert. Since most online PDF converters share the similar conversion steps, let’s take iLovePDF for instance:
- Enter the URL on the search bar;
- Click JPG to PDF;
- Import the image file to the iLovePDF workstation from local device, Google Drive or Dropbox;
- Select Convert to PDF before you set up everything including page orientation, size, and margin;
- Download the PDF and save it to local folder, Drive, Dropbox, or generate a downloadable link.
If you need to convert multiple images to PDFs, click “+” to perform batch-convert.
These online image to PDF converters usually have two free tasks per day. Users don’t need to register or download anything for conversion. For most converters, just drag or import an image file to the panel from local folder, Google Drive or Dropbox. Click Convert or Start to convert your image file to a PDF.
How to Convert Images to PDFs on Android
By Save As
Akin to iPhone, Android devices allow users to convert an image file to a PDF with Print feature:
- Click the photo(s) you need to convert, then click the Share button (displayed as a triple dot) on the top right corner;
- Choose Print. In the printer setting, select Save as PDF;
- Press the Download button and specify the destination folder. Choose Save to finalize the conversion.
By Google Photos
Since Google’s products (including Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Drive, and Google Photos) will be installed on most Android phones, Android users can employ this photo sharing and storage service provide to convert an image file to a PDF:
- Open an image file with Google Photos;
- Click on the Menu icon (three dots) at the top right corner;
- In the pop-up window, select Print to open the printer settings,
- Choose All Printers to select Save as PDF.
Google Photos allows users to change the page size, color, and orientation. Don’t forget to save the newly created PDF.
As PDF is becoming more prevalent, image to PDF conversion will become necessary. The aforementioned free PDF solutions to Windows, Mac, Android, and Mac users are reviewed by the editor. They are easy to use and have a quick response. The most significant factor is they don’t require a steep learning curve. Everybody can access the service.
FAQs about Converting Image to PDF
Q: Is it reliable to use online PDF converters to save an image as a PDF?
A: The development of encryption technology can ensure your file security. However, as to confidential or sensitive files, we still suggest users use desktop PDF converters as your files are processed locally without being uploaded to the server.