A PowerPoint allows presenters to better visualize dynamic, vivid, and informational content. However, it integrates too many features on the menu bar. This may hinder learning or reading and may lead to a loss of interest when it contains distracting elements or pure text.
As a result, the need to convert a PowerPoint into a PDF document may arise. If you need a compatible, mobile-friendly and universal format, it is feasible to convert PowerPoint files into PDFs without compromising formatting and image quality. This article will introduce three methods for dealing with exporting t a PPT file into a PDF.
Saving PowerPoint as PDF with Desktop PDF Tools
If you are an active digital-file user, you may need (or have already downloaded) a high-quality PDF expert to help enhance productivity. There are many reliable and stable types of software within reach in the document management industry, such as Nitro PDF, Soda PDF, Foxit Phantom PDF, and SwifDoo PDF for instance.
How to Convert a PowerPoint into a PDF on Windows
- Download and install SwifDoo PDF on your device;
- Launch the application and click the Convert button;
- Select Office to PDF;
- Follow the instructions for dragging your PowerPoint into the appropriateworkspace;
- If possible, change the output path, and then click the Start button to complete the conversion.
Within Microsoft PowerPoint this presentation program, users are capable of exporting a PowerPoint into a PDF document. Take a look at the following steps:
- When finished editing the document, click the Save icon before anything else; otherwise, your efforts will be in vain;
- Click on Save as under the File tab;
- When thewindow pops up, you can rename the newly saved PDF document and choose the exported file type. What’s more, you can decide on the output location of this PDF document.
It is strongly recommended to save the PDF into a document suffixed by .ppt or .pptx. In doing so, you will be allowed to make changes to the original file.
If you are running PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2016, or any higher version on your computers, follow the guide listed below:
- Click the File button and choose the Export option in the left sidebar;
- Click on Create PDF/XPS Document;
- When thewindow pops up, choose where to store the new PDF document. Users can rename the file and select file type. Within this window, you can decide the file size by clicking on Optimize for;
- What’s more, you can alter how the PDF appears by hitting the Option.
How to Convert a PowerPoint into a PDF on Mac
Akin to Windows system, Mac users can convert a presentation document into a PDF by clicking Save As button. You can go to File, select Print, and click Save As to complete the conversion process. This method is applicable to OS X and seems to be the easiest way.
If Mac users need to batch process multiple conversion tasks at the same time, there are many professional PDF converters to meet your complicated needs. Hence, we’d like to introduce a reliable desktop PDF converter for Mac users.
As an all-in-one PDF programs, Foxit PDF is both available on Mac OS and Windows. By integrating multiple features, this converter enables users to convert Microsoft Office file formats into PDF or from PDF to Office files, images, HTML, and other rich text formats.
- Download Foxit PDF and install the program;
- Click From Files in the tab Convert;
- Choose From File in the drop-down menu and select the PowerPoint file;
- When the document is opened in a new window, click Save to output the PDF.
Saving PowerPoint as a PDF Online
If you insist on exporting a PowerPoint to a PDF online, asking PDF experts for help is also applicable. PDF2Go, PDFSimpli, PDFEscape, and PDF Expert are great PDF converters. The conversion steps from PowerPoint to PPT are provided below:
- Upload a PowerPoint to the workspace from your computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, or via links;
- Depending on file size, the conversion may take several minutes. Once completed, you are prompted to download the new PDF document;
- Save the document to the specified location or directly into your cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
Though Smallpdf is a great PDF converter with quick response, you can only access its free service twice a day. That is to say, you can use it to process two tasks per day. In addition, free users have to stand with the ad on the website.
Many people may wonder how can a word processor help convert a PowerPoint presentation. Strictly speaking, when it comes to saving a PPT as a PDF, the working of Google Docs is similar to Save As in Microsoft PowerPoint. It still needs to be mentioned because this Internet-based platform is becoming much more useful in daily life. Here’s how to:
- Log into Google Docs with your Google account, and click on Open file picker;
- When you see an Open a file window jumps out, choose Upload;
- Click Download in the tab File, and then tap PDF Document to start automatic download.
As we discuss before, Google Docs is a word processor. That means users can create mainstream file formats such as form, Word, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing. If you need to create an online document for high-efficient collaboration and synchronization.
PDF is a friendly format when it comes to printing. When your presentation is static without any dynamic elements, such as animations, videos, or other multimedia content, it is wise to save this PPT into a PDF file for a better visual and printing experience. Otherwise, it isn’t advisable to make such a decision because the newly converted document full of unidentifiable codes and altered font will undoubtedly let you down.