What’s the Best Way to Resize Image in PDF?
To resize image in PDF, you will need an editing tool. In this article, we have collected 4 of the most efficient editing tools. Before we start explaining the exact steps, let's see which one you should choose to save your time and energy.
⭐️ For Windows users, you can use Adobe Acrobat or SwifDoo PDF. The former has been around for a long time but is relatively expensive; the latter is newer but not inferior in terms of features.
⭐️ For Mac users, you can use Preview, a program that comes pre-installed on your computer.
⭐️ For those who don't want to download a desktop app, you can choose to resize images in PDF online. All you have to do is open a browser and start the editing.
Now read on to see how to resize an image in PDF.
How to Resize a PDF Image with Adobe Acrobat
With Adobe Acrobat, you can easily resize image in PDF. After all, it is a widely recognized PDF program. However, you can only use this feature if you have upgraded to a pro version - US$19.99/mo. Anyway, you can check out how to resize a PDF image with Adobe Acrobat before you see if you want to opt for the program.
1. Get the 7-day free trial version from this site: https://itselectable.com/goto/adobe-acrobat.
2. Launch Adobe Acrobat and open the PDF file.
3. Click Tools and then choose Edit PDF.
4. Choose Edit option and then click the image you want to resize.
5. Now you can resize the image by pulling the bounding box handle.
6. Save the change when it’s OK.
How to Resize a PDF Image with SwifDoo PDF
SwifDoo PDF is another reliable PDF editor for Windows users to resize image in PDF. The tool is not as well known as Adobe Acrobat, but it also offers a lot of features that are good enough for you to optimize your PDF file in order to make it as perfect as you want it to be.
With SwifDoo PDF, you can easily resize an image with the aspect ratio retained or not, rotate it, adjust transparency, etc. It also allows you to replace images with one click. You can click the download button to get the tool and see how to resize an image in PDF with it.
1. Open SwifDoo PDF > Drag and drop the PDF to its workspace.
2. Click the image that you want to resize and choose the pencil icon.
3. To resize the image, click the first rectangle button.
4. After that, you can drag the bounding box to resize the image. If you don't want to keep the aspect ratio, you can uncheck the option.
5. To save the changes, click the Save button in the top right corner.
As you can see, SwifDoo makes image editing very easy. In the same way, it also helps you to easily modify text, add annotations, merge and split PDFs, and more. SwifDoo generously offers a 15-day free trial, after which you can subscribe for $16 per month if you feel the program is exactly what you need.
- Modify, add, delete or replace text with a single click
- Crop, rotate, replace image and adjust the opacity
- More than a dozen annotation tools to make PDF attractive
How to Resize a PDF Image on Mac
Preview is a built-in image viewer on Mac computer. What's great is that it can also view PDF files and do some editing. If you just want to make some simple changes to the file, then Preview is a good choice. Just read to see how to resize a PDF image on Mac.
1. Open the PDF file with Preview.
2. Choose Adjust Size. If there is no such button, you can click Show Markup Tool first.
3. Now you can adjust the size by typing new value for the width and the height. Or you can click Fit into option to choose a size you prefer.
4. Save the changes.
How to Resize a PDF Image Online
If you don't work with PDF files very often, perhaps using an online tool is a good option. You can open a browser and edit immediately. There are many online PDF editors for you to choose from, such as Adobe Acrobat, Soda PDF, iLovePDF. Here we take Soda PDF as an example to show you how to resize a PDF image online.
1. Open your browser and go to https://online.sodapdf.com/.
2. Upload your PDF file.
3. Choose the Edit button and click the image you want to resize.
4. Now you can drag the border to resize it.
5. Then you can click the Download button to save the PDF.
That’s all about how to resize a PDF image. For Windows users, you can choose to use Adobe Acrobat or SwifDoo PDF depending on preference. For Mac users, Preview app is the way to go. In addition to using the desktop app, you can also choose an online editor if you don’t have enough space on your computer.