Can You Add Page Numbers in Adobe Acrobat?
As a professional PDF editing tool, Adobe Acrobat can easily help users add pages to PDF documents. However, what you need to know is that you need a subscription to experience all of its editing features and it's not cheap. That’s to say, with Adobe Acrobat Reader, you cannot add page numbers to PDF.
Anyway, you can get a 7-day free trial of the Pro version. You can try the program first to see if it meets your needs. In addition, Adobe Acrobat is not the only tool that can help you add page numbers. There are many Adobe Acrobat alternatives for you to choose from. You can even make it with online tools. In the following, I will show you all the possible methods.
How to Add Page Numbers in Adobe Acrobat
Let’s first see how to add page numbers in Adobe Acrobat. Here is an example of adding page numbers to PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
1. Open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC > Click Menu from the top left corner > Choose Open to open your PDF document.
2. Under All tools, click the Edit a PDF option.
3. Click Header & Footer > Choose Add... option.
4. In the Add Header and Footer dialog, set your page numbers.
- Select the font and size of the page number.
- Determine the position of page numbers and adjust the margins.
- Click Page Number and Date Format to set the format and the start page number.
- Click Page Range Options to adjust the page range for which you want page numbers.
5. If everything is OK, click Insert Page Number to add the page numbers and click OK to close the dialog box.
Now you know how to insert page numbers in Adobe Acrobat. When you want to update the page numbers, you can click Update... under Header & Footer > adjust the settings > click OK to save the changes.
Other 2 Ways to Add Page Numbers to PDF
If all you want to know is how to add page numbers in Adobe Acrobat, then this section may be redundant for you. But is it really? What do you do when the free trial offered by Adobe ends? Well, as mentioned before, Adobe Acrobat is not the only tool that can edit PDF, you can choose an affordable one for your situation. If you need to work with PDF files in the future, it's worth taking two minutes to learn about the other tools.
Add Page Numbers in PDF with SwifDoo PDF
When you want to edit a PDF without Adobe, there are many choices for you to choose from. However, most PDF tools are not free to use, which is understandable, after all, the developers have spent a lot of time and energy to make the software easy to use, and their efforts deserve recognition. For individual users, the most important thing is to find a cost-effective one.
Here, SwifDoo PDF is recommended, which is powerful but much less expensive than Adobe. With a few clicks, you can add page numbers to your PDF according to your needs. By the way, SwifDoo PDF offers a free trial of up to 15 days! You can click the download button to get the tool and follow the steps below to add page numbers.
1. Open SwifDoo PDF > Drag and drop your PDF file to its workspace to open your file.
2. Click Page from the top menu > Choose Page Number and select Add Page Numbers.
3. In the Add Page Number dialog, adjust the settings to create the page numbers you need.
- Set page range and number format.
- Adjust the start page number and font size.
- Choose the page number position, alignment or adjust the margin.
4. Finally, click OK to add the page numbers.
As you can see, with the help of SwifDoo PDF, you can add page numbers to PDF in just a few clicks. If you often need to edit PDFs, SwifDoo PDF will be a good assistant! Why not give it a try?
- Modify, add, delete, or replace text/image with a single click
- More than a dozen annotation tools to make the PDF attractive
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other file formats
Add Page Numbers in PDF with Online Tools
Actually, you can also choose to use the online editing tool to add page numbers to PDF. For people who don't often deal with PDF files, this could be a quick solution. All you have to do is go to an online editing site via the browser and then you can start editing.
iLovePDF, Soda PDF, and PDF24 Tools are all good choices. Here let me take iLovePDF as an example to show you how to add numbers in PDF online.
1. Open the browser and go to https://www.ilovepdf.com/add_pdf_page_number.
2. Click Select PDF file to upload your PDF document.
3. Adjust the page mode, position, the first number, and page range.
4. Click Add page numbers and save the PDF file to your computer.
Flatten PDF Online for Free without Losing Quality 2023
This guide will tell you how to flatten PDF online. You will also learn the advantages and disadvantages of flattening PDF online.READ MORE >
That’s all about how to add page numbers in Adobe Acrobat. When you want to edit a PDF file, Adobe Acrobat can do you a favor but you need to update to the Pro version. If you find it too expensive to subscribe to, you can try SwifDoo PDF or use an online tool.