Here is the list of the 7 PDF page organizers:
- SwifDoo PDF (Windows)
- PDFsam Basic (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Windows & Mac)
- Foxit PDF Editor Pro (Windows & Mac)
- PDF Expert (Mac & iPad)
- iLovePDF (Online)
- Split & Merge PDF files (Android)
If you are trying to find a small PDF manager to organize your PDF documents fast, SwifDoo PDF is one of the best choices. The versatile software is a PDF organizer, PDF editor, and more on your Windows 8/9/10/11 devices. The page organizing feature of the program enables you to extract, insert, replace, delete, reorder, and rotate PDF pages. You can also use it to merge and split PDFs.
No matter which features you use to organize your PDF pages, SwifDoo PDF always provides you with different methods to do so. For example, the PDF page organizer allows you to delete pages in a PDF by using the "Delete" menu, hitting the trash icon, and right-clicking on the page or page thumbnail. You can merge and split a group of PDF files in batches or individually using it. With so many tools, the program is still lightweight and responds quickly, even for large files.
- An all-in-one PDF organizer to arrange PDF pages in your desired order, split, rotate, add blank pages or external PDF files to your PDF, etc
- Comprehensive software with PDF editing, conversion, protection, and more features for you to organize pictures and text in PDF, encrypt and convert PDFs to various formats
- Modern and friendly interface for both novice and experienced users
- Small memory footprint
- Only the Windows version is available
- Add, delete, replace, extract, rotate, reorder and split PDF pages, etc
- Edit and insert text, images and hyperlinks
- Watermark, sign, and password protect PDF files
PDFsam Basic is a multiplatform PDF organizer available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. The program is free and open-source. It has a suite of PDF management tools, including a PDF page extractor, PDF rotator, splitter, and merger. The PDF splitting tool enables you to split a PDF by bookmarks or file size. With the handy PDF arranger, you can manage and organize multiple PDF files at once to boost productivity.
The software’s premium version has tools to crop, remove or reorder PDF pages, and edit and convert PDF files.
- Cross-platform compatibility (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- The free version of PDF organizer with enough features
- Handle a batch of files without stuttering
- Outdated interface, requiring users to read carefully before performing a task
Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is a fully-fledged PDF software program developed by the PDF inventor. The offline desktop software is equipped with a full set of PDF tools including a PDF organizer, a PDF editor, and a PDF annotator. To organize pages in a PDF, you can rotate, replace, extract, and re-arrange them. The program also helps split or combine PDFs, and add new pages from another file to the existing PDF.
You can also free download the Adobe PDF page organizer app in App Store and Google Play to organize your PDF on Android, iPhone, and iPad.
- PDF organizer compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Seamless integration with Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Free version with useful features such as adding comments to PDF
- Complex interface overwhelming novice users, especially for batch processing tasks
- Expensive: annual subscription plan at $19.99/month and no one-time plan
Foxit PDF Editor Pro
If you want an alternative to the PDF software you are currently using, Foxit PDF Editor Pro is a good option. The software is designed to manage, convert, OCR, and edit PDF documents. As a PDF page arranger, it can reverse, replace, move, delete, rotate, add pages in PDF, and more. Besides, when you need to duplicate or flatten PDF pages, the program is also helpful.
- Professional PDF page organizer with a wide range of tools
- Integration with Google Drive, Dropbox and many other platforms
- Multilanguage and simple-to-use interface
- Occasional freezing
Another PDF organizer we recommend is PDF Expert. It is a feature-rich PDF solution provider with the ability to convert, annotate, and organize PDF files. You can utilize it to remove, insert, extract, or reorder pages in PDFs. Moreover, the software enables you to combine PDF files with ease. In addition, the PDF form filling feature is free to access in the program.
- PDF annotator, form filler, PDF merger and organizer
- Clear and intuitive interface
- Availability across Mac and iPad
- No more advanced features, such as converting PDFs
To quickly arrange pages in PDFs without downloading or registering desktop software, you may wish to use an online tool. Among a large number of web software, iLovePDF is considered the best PDF file organizer by many PDF users. From merging and splitting PDFs to deleting and re-arranging PDF pages, you can work with PDF files in a myriad ways. Importantly, the online PDF organizer allows you to manage a certain number of PDFs for free every day.
For those who love to organize PDF files on the go, the software also comes as an app for iPhone and Android phones.
- Arguably the best free PDF page organizer running on the web
- Ease of access from any device (Windows, Mac, etc.)
- No need to sign up or sign in
- Some annoying ads on the website
- The risk of information leakage when files are uploaded to the Internet
Split & Merge PDF files
Maybe you're used to relying on your phone for dealing with documents because you can get work done anywhere without carrying a heavy computer. Split & Merge PDF files or PDF Utility is a PDF organizer app for Android phones. It allows you to delete extra pages, merge all the needed pages, and re-arrange them to keep your PDF well organized. The PDF document organizer can also rotate and split PDFs.
- Free software to organize PDFs
- Straightforward interface
- Many intrusive ads
Which of these 7 PDF page organizers listed in this post is your favorite? When choosing the best PDF organizer, you can make a list of the must-have features you need. Should it be fast, affordable, powerful, secure, or free?
If you wish to employ a multi-purpose and cost-saving PDF application for you or your team, SwifDoo PDF is worth trying. It not only enables you to organize your PDF files with ease, but can also do much more with PDF files. Its pro version is so competitive in price compared to its counterparts.