What Tools Can Help You Convert PDF to JPG?
Converting PDF to JPG on Mac computer is very easy. You can use the built-in tool, Preview, or Shortcuts to do the job for you. Preview can help you convert selected pages while Shortcuts can help you convert all the pages. When you want to convert multiple PDF to JPG, then Automator is the way to go.
In addition, there are web tools that can help you convert PDF to JPG. All you have to do is upload the PDF file and then you can download the JPG file to your computer. Just read on to see how to convert PDF to JPG on Mac without losing quality.
How to Convert PDF to JPG on Mac with Preview
Preview is the default PDF viewer for Mac users. But actually, it's more than just a viewer, it allows you to do some simple editing of PDF files. With just a few clicks, it can convert PDF to JPG. The steps are as follows.
1. Right-click the PDF file > Choose Open With > Select Preview.
2. Select the pages you want to convert > Click File from the menu bar > Choose Export.
3. Name the file and choose a destination > Select JPEG next to Format > Adjust the quality and resolution.
4. Finally, click Save. After that, you can go to the folder to check the JPG file.
How to Convert PDF to JPG on Mac with Shortcuts
This method is recommended if you to convert all pages. Let’s see how to convert PDF to JPG on Mac with the Shortcuts app.
1. Launch the Shortcuts app > Click the plus button.
2. Search for Make Image > Double click Make Image from PDF Page. Or you can click the blue PNG image word > Set it to JPEG or set it to Ask Each Time.
3. Double-click the blue PDF word > Set it into Shortcut Input. Click Continue > Choose Ask For and then Files if there is no input.
4. Search for Save File and double-click it to add this action to the shortcut.
5. Click the Settings icon and choose Use as Quick Action. You can also check Finder or other services.
6. Name the shortcut and customize the icon.
7. Save the shortcut and close the window.
8. Right-click the PDF file you want to convert, choose Quick Actions > select the shortcut you created before.
9. Wait for a few seconds, then you can select a folder to save the file.
How to Convert PDF to JPG on Mac with Automator
If you want to convert multiple PDF to JPG on Mac, then you can take advantage of Automator to help you get the job done. Automator is designed to help users to perform repetitive tasks. Read on to see how to convert PDF to JPG on Mac with Automator.
1. Search for Automator on your Mac and open it.
2. Choose Workflow.
3. Under Library, choose Files & Folders > Drag Ask for Finder Items to the right side.
4. Under Library, choose PDFs > Drag Render PDF Pages as Images to the right side > Select JPEG image next to Format > Adjust resolution and compression.
5. Under Library, choose Files & Folders > Drag Move Finder Items to the right side > Select a folder as the destination.
6. Now you can click the Run button > Choose the PDF file you want to convert and wait for the process to complete.
7. Then you can click the Run button to convert another PDF file.
How to Convert PDF to JPG on Mac with Web Tools
When searching for "Convert PDF to JPG online" in your browser, a number of results appear. However, you need to be aware that some sites will have ads and malware. SwifDoo PDF, iLovePDF, SodaPDF, and Smallpdf are 4 reliable web tools.
Here, let me take SwifDoo PDF as an example to show you how to convert PDF to JPG on Mac online. The tool cares about user privacy and does not save any files.
1. Open your browser and go to https://www.swifdoo.com/pdf-to-jpg.
2. Click Choose File to upload the PDF file. You can drag a PDF file to the box.
3. When you select the PDF file, the conversion will start immediately. When it’s done, click the Download button to save the file.
4. Click Start over to convert another PDF file.
SwifDoo PDF has one desktop app for Windows users that offers more features. If you also using the Windows system, then you can give it a try.
- Convert PDF to image, Word, Excel, and other formats
- More than a dozen annotation tools to make PDF attractive
- Modify, add, delete, or replace text/image with a single click
- Merge, split, or extract PDF pages to create the one you need
How to Convert PDF to JPG with Screenshot
When you only want to save one or two pages as JPG files, a quick way to do this is to take a screenshot. You can follow the steps below to screenshot PDF on Mac.
1. Open the PDF file and go to the page you want to save as JPG.
2. Press Command + Shift + 5 at the same time to launch the Screenshot tool.
3. Choose Capture a portion of the screen option.
4. Adjust the area and click Capture.
5. By default, screenshots are saved as .png files. You can open the image with Preview > Choose File > Go to Export to export it as JPG.
That’s all about how to convert PDF to JPG on Mac for free. When you want to convert all pages, then Preview, Shortcuts, Automator, and SwifDoo PDF online converter can do you a favor. When you want to convert selected pages, you can use Preview or make a screenshot. You can choose according to your needs.