Can you Batch Convert Word to PDF?
If you have many Word documents, then converting them one after the other can be very time-consuming. So can you convert multiple Word documents to PDF at once? Fortunately, the answer is Yes!
You can take advantage of web tools to help you convert Word to PDF online. If your document contains sensitive information, then to prevent information leakage, you can use desktop PDF tools. Without much ado, let’s see how to batch convert Word to PDF for free.
Batch Convert Word to PDF Online
If you just happen to need to convert Word to PDF, then using an online conversion tool is a good idea. You can start converting quickly without having to spend time downloading any tools. There are many web tools for you to choose from, such as Online2PDF.com, docuPub.com, SodaPDF.com, etc.
Here, let me take Online2PDF.com as an example to show you how to batch convert Word to PDF online. It allows you to convert up to 20 files at a time.
1. Open your browser and go to https://online2pdf.com/doc-to-pdf.
2. Click Select files to upload your PDF documents.
3. Choose to convert multiple Word files to a single PDF or save each page as a separate PDF file.
4. Finally, click the Convert button.
Batch Convert Word to PDF with Adobe Acrobat (Win & Mac)
If you prefer to use desktop programs, then you can consider using Adobe Acrobat, the world's most famous PDF tool. However, only the Pro version allows you to convert the PDF files. You can go to https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html to get a 7-day free trial.
Below are the steps to use Adobe Acrobat Pro to convert multiple Word documents to PDF. It can help you convert Word files to a single PDF or convert Word files to separate PDFs.
Convert multiple Word files to single PDF
1. In the Tools menu, choose Combine Files.
2. Click Add Files to select your PDF documents.
3. Delete the unwanted pages and adjust the page order.
4. Click Combine to confirm.
Convert multiple Word files to separate PDF
1. Go to File and then Create > Choose Create Multiple PDF Files and click Next.
2. Click Add Files > Select all the PDF files or select the folder that contains PDF files.
3. Click OK > Select the output folder and click OK to start the conversion.
Although Adobe Acrobat is feature-rich, it is expensive for individual users. You can move on to the next section to get another cost-effective PDF tool.
Batch Convert Word to PDF with SwifDoo PDF (Win)
SwifDoo PDF is one powerful yet tiny PDF tool for Windows users. Its conversion features are especially powerful, you can use this tool to convert Word, Excel, PPT, image, CAD, HTML, etc. to PDF and vice versa.
It will be a good choice if you want to batch convert Word to PDF without losing formatting. It can even keep the hyperlinks. Let’s see how to use this tool.
1. Click the download button to get SwifDoo PDF. It offers a 15-day free trial so you can enjoy all the features.
2. Open the tool > Click Convert from the menu bar > Choose Office to PDF.
3. On the new window, click Add Files to add the Word documents.
4. Select a destination > Click Start.
After the conversion is finished, you can continue editing the PDF files with SwifDoo PDF.
- The Merge PDF feature allows you to combine multiple PDFs into one.
- The Split PDF feature can help you save each page as a PDF file or extract the pages.
If you are interested in Adobe Acrobat alternatives, please check this guide:
The 7 Best Adobe Acrobat Alternatives [2023 Updated]
Need an Adobe Acrobat alternative to edit and do more with PDFs? Check the 7 affordable or free alternative options available on Windows, Mac, or Linux.READ MORE >
Batch Convert Word to PDF with Automator (Mac)
On a Mac computer, there is no need to download any PDF tool. You can take advantage of the built-in tool - Automator to convert multiple Word documents to PDF at once. It is able to convert the PDF files in one folder to PDF files automatically.
1. Open Automator and choose Workflow.
2. Under Library, choose Files & Folders > Double click Get Specified Finder Items > Add all the Word files.
3. Then choose Documents under Library > Double click Convert Format of Word Documents > Choose Portable Document Format (PDF).
4. Click Run and it will start converting. When it’s done, you can view the converted document in the folder where the Word file is located.
That’s all about how to batch convert Word to PDF on Windows and Mac computers.
- If you have a smooth internet connection, then using an online converter is a quick solution.
- If you want to get high-quality PDF files, then a desktop program like SwifDoo PDF will be a good choice. It can also help you edit the PDF files after the conversion.
Hope you find this article helpful and get the PDF files you need!