1. SwifDoo PDF
SwifDoo PDF goes beyond the usual image to Word converter, offering a surprising range of features for Windows and iOS users.
A distinctive feature is converting image formats like JPG, PNG, BMP, and ICO to each other. This picture to Word converter can even handle HEIC images and transform Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files into image formats, making it a versatile document converter. Moreover, it can compress image files to a smaller size.
- Batch conversion: The image to word converter can process multiple files in one go for increased efficiency.
- OCR-powered accuracy: Ensure accurate text extraction from images using built-in optical character recognition technology.
- Indirect image-to-Word conversion: To convert an image to Word, you should turn the image into a PDF first, then use the PDF to Word tool.
2. Microsoft Word
Beyond being a word processor, Microsoft Word also surprises with its ability to convert images to Word documents. This image-to-word converter doesn't have a direct image-to-word conversion feature. However, you can leverage its PDF-handling capabilities to achieve a similar outcome.
- Free and Accessible: This conversion feature is readily available within your existing software, eliminating the need for additional tools or subscriptions.
- Accuracy: The conversion accuracy of this image to word converter depends heavily on the image quality, text clarity, and font types used in the original image.
- Formatting: The formatting might not always transfer perfectly, so that some manual adjustments might be necessary.
- Complex Images: Word's conversion might not be ideal for intricate layouts or multi-column designs.
3. Google Drive
As an easy-to-use image to Word converter, Google Drive provides two conversion options.
The built-in OCR feature of Google Drive offers a quick and convenient solution for simple images with clear text.
For more complex cases or better accuracy and formatting, consider using an add-on like Img to Docs- Image OCR! These tools, accessible directly from this photo to Word converter, are equipped for a broader range of scenarios. They can handle larger file sizes, smaller text, and diverse fonts, giving you more accurate and visually appealing conversions.
- Flexibility: Meet your needs with more options than the primary image to word converter.
- Convenient: Already integrated within Drive; no additional downloads required.
- Limited built-in capabilities: The built-in feature of the pic to Word tool only works well with small files (under 2MB), large text (over 10 pixels), and standard fonts like Arial or Times New Roman. Upright orientation is required.
- Add-on is not an instant solution: Using add-ons requires additional installation.
OneNote is a versatile note-taking app from Microsoft that lets you capture and organize notes, ideas, research, images, audio, and more in a flexible digital format. Beyond this, it also functions well as an image to Word converter. It's available across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and web.
- Convenience: Integrated into OneNote, eliminating the need for separate software.
- Free and Available: It's part of Microsoft 365 or available as a free standalone app.
- Versatile Note-Taking: The OneNote image to Word converter is not just for image-to-text but for organizing all kinds of information.
- Limited Accuracy: OCR accuracy might not match dedicated OCR tools, especially for complex images or handwriting.
- Formatting Issues: Extracted text might lose original formatting, requiring manual adjustments.
- No Batch Processing: It can't convert multiple images simultaneously.
5. Online OCR
Online OCR is a dedicated OCR software that allows you to convert images and PDF documents containing text into editable, digital text using web-based tools. This online image to word converter essentially "reads" the characters in the image and translates them into words you can manipulate in a computer program.
- Multiple recognition languages: Supports 46 recognition languages. Including general European and Asian languages
- Convenience: No need to download or install software. The image to word converter is accessible from any device with an internet connection.
- Ease of use: Most online OCR tools are simple to operate. Just upload your image or PDF and click a button.
- Limited free chances: You can convert five files per hour without registration. If you need more pages to convert, sign up, and you will get 50 free pages.
While the image-to-Word conversion could be more direct, SwifDoo PDF's impressive versatility make it a compelling choice for users looking for a feature-rich image to Word converter. If you do not want the hassle of installing extra software, Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and OneNote will be worth considering options. Besides, online converters like Online OCR will also save you much effort.