You may encounter files with the ET file extension now and then. Do you know what it is and how to open it? We’ve explained it thoroughly in this article. Let’s check it out!
What is an ET File?
Usually, an ET file refers to:
- A file with the ET file extension is a spreadsheet file created by WPS Office’s Spreadsheet. Like the XLSX format of Microsoft Office, ET files store data in cells and support charts and formulas.
- An ET file is produced by the Easiteach software, which is designed to work with interactive whiteboards in classrooms.
- ET files could also be used with a program that measures Transformation Center installations designed by ETwin Electrodos de Tierra. ETwin is a program developed to facilitate the calculation and design of grounding installations.
How to Open an ET File?
To open a spreadsheet ET file, you need to download WPS Office Spreadsheets. It’s a free office program that possesses all the features included in Microsoft Office. WPS Office’s Writer, Spreadsheet, and Presentation are similar to Microsoft Office’s Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, respectively.
Of course, you can convert ET files to other file formats that can be opened by Microsoft Office. In the next part, we will dive into the details.
Easiteach Lesson files can only be opened by the Easiteach program released by RM Education.
Other ET files require ETwin Electrodos de Tierra to check the details.
How to Convert an ET File?
Only ET files from WPS Office can be converted to other file formats. ET files from Easiteach and ETwin cannot be converted.
By converting ET files to XLSX and XLS file formats using WPS Office Spreadsheets, you can open ET files with Microsoft Office. In addition, you can also convert the ET files to PDF, CSV, and many other common formats.
The conversion is super easy, and you don’t need any other tools. Just open the ET file with WPS Office and go to the Menu; click Save as and choose the format that you want to convert the ET file to.
Still Cannot Open ET Files?
If you still cannot open ET files on your computer, it may be for the following reasons:
- The ET file got corrupted.
- Unknown malware infected the ET file.
- You used the wrong program to open the file.
- The software had not been upgraded to the latest version.
- The drivers used to open ET files on the computer had expired.
- The description of the ET file in the Windows registry was removed.