Snowflakes have enticed us since childhood and have been alluring us even now. No person exists who has not been fascinated by the mesmerizing snowflakes. So, for example, suppose you want to relive your childhood or want to create one with your kid. Or in case you are someone who is always on the outlook of creating something unique. So you have come to the right corner.
This article primarily focuses on all the meticulous details of a snowflake. You can easily create a snowflake if you have to assist your child’s projects or indulge in some craft to pass your time constructively. Instead, you can take the help of a snowflake template to create one if you are a beginner.
You can uplift your game and creations smartly using a snowflake template printable and a paper snowflake template. We have listed all the materials you might need before kickstarting your craft journey. Additionally, some tips might help you guide in the right direction. Stay tuned to learn all the details for a convenient creation.
Famous Snowflake Examples: Modern Concepts and Designs
Some of the famous and modern snowflake examples that you can try to experiment with in your cliched designs of snowflakes are:
1. Paper snowflake patterns
2. Dala horse snowflake
3. Snowman snowflake
4. Moose snowflake
5. Snowflake ballerinas
6. Frozen snowflake
7. Star Wars snowflake patterns
8. Kirigami paper snowflake pattern
9. Lacy snowflake
10. Diamond snowflake pattern
11. Heart snowflake pattern
12. Star snowflake pattern
13. Lace snowflake pattern
14. Forest snowflake pattern
15. Reindeer paper snowflake
Snowflake Template: Printables, Layouts, and Websites
Suppose you want to create a snowflake in an emergency, and you run out of time. Well, there are no worries now, as you can easily create one with the help of a snowflake template printable.
A snowflake template can help you in multiple ways. In fact, various websites provide you with numerous designs and structures on their platforms. These templates are preloaded designs that are readily available online at a click. All you must have is access to an active internet connection to scroll through your favorite designs and download them to your devices.
Some websites that can help you online to download and print a snowflake template printable are:
● First palette
● Teachers pay teachers
● Original mom
● Tim van de Vall
● Simple mom project
● What mommy does
● The spruce crafts
● The best ideas for kids
● Superstar worksheets
● Suncatcher studio
● Crafts on sea
● Kinder art
● Mom brite
● Happy thought
● Origami way
You can easily find ample templates with multiple designs at a click. But the snowflake template is in PDF layout. Therefore, you must have a PDF reader tool to access these templates on your device. For example, the SwifDoo PDF reader can help you open, read and even edit these paper snowflake template to suit your purposes and serve your needs.
Using SwifDoo PDF software, you can crop, merge and compress multiple templates without losing on the font style and format of the templates. Instead, you can also convert the snowflake template from PDF to other formats like Word, Excel, PPT, TXT, etc., retaining their original picture quality. Fortunately, editing with this software does not hamper your preloaded templates.
SwifDoo also enables you to segregate your preloaded templates and other documents in its library for a neat arrangement of your files. Finally, you can easily create a paper snowflake template on SwifDoo PDF software and share it with the online community and your loved ones.
What Are the Materials To Collect Before Making a Snowflake?
Having prior knowledge of materials that can help you assist with your snowflake designs and creations is always helpful. To avoid any last-minute rush, you can have the below-given things ready beforehand:
● Snowflake template
● Easel paper/ butcher paper/tracing paper/wrapping paper or a regular plain-white paper
● A pair of scissors
● Stationery (pencil, eraser, ruler, protractor)
● Colorful pencil/crayons or wax colors and paintbrushes
● Decorative items
How to Create a Paper Snowflake Easily: A Flawless Structure
You can quickly create a snowflake using a paper snowflake template or a snowflake template printable. However, you must know the accurate cuts and folds to make one with the utmost precision for a flawless result. For this, follow the below-given steps to understand how to fold it with exactness and accuracy.
1. Select the snowflake template design:
Firstly, scroll through the readily available snowflake template designs and select the one you wish to make with paper.
2. Print the snowflake template printable:
Once you have sorted out the design of your choice, you must print it on paper. Ensure you have the right size of your snowflake. For example, suppose you have different snowflake designs. In such a case, you can print multiple templates on other papers.
However, in the case of a similar design, you can select the size of your snowflake and adjust it accordingly on the paper to print multiple templates on the same page.
1. You must use sizeable white Easel paper, butcher-style craft paper, or tracing paper to make delicate snowflakes; however, in their absence, you can use regular paper also.
2. If you are making the snowflake with your kid, at this point, you can ask him to color the snowflake for a colorful and funky result.
3. Cut the square:
Once a hard copy of your print and design is in your hands, you must cut a square layout of the snowflake template printable. That way, it is easy to shape and cut the snowflake.
Note: In the absence of a template, you can either draw your snowflake design on the paper or cut it in a square shape. Or you might also sketch a design before the final paper cut.
4. Fold your square in diagonal:
Now fold the square paper diagonally by adjoining the two opposite corners. It will now take the shape of a triangle.
5. Fold the diagonal piece into half:
Now without opening the previous fold, fold your paper (triangle) further into half by joining the two ends together. It should look like a small triangle now.
6. Divide the triangle into three equal portions:
Now divide your triangle into three equal portions (1/3rd).
Tip: For precision, you can use a protractor to measure each portion at a 30-degree angle.
7. Fold the right portion over:
Since you have divided your triangle into three equal portions, each part is 1/3rd of the total. So now carefully fold the right ‘third’ in the inner side (over the center third). The right portion should lie above the center portion.
8. Fold the left portion over:
Similarly, you must now fold the left third portion over the center (and right). The folds must now line up as close as possible for perfect symmetry.
Note: You can cut out your design if you have a ready-made template. Suppose you are not using a template. In that case, draw a design on the exposed ‘third’ of the triangle.
10. Cut and shape your template carefully:
Cut your snowflake design precisely and carefully using a scissor with sharp edges. Be careful not to spoil your design.
11. Open to reveal and decorate:
Now open all the folds carefully to see the beautiful result of your creation. You can keep it the way it is or decorate it using glitter, sequins, stars, etc.
Valuable Tips to Help You Guide While Making a Snowflake
Creating a snowflake is a pretty easy task and does not take much time, mainly if you use a paper snowflake template. However, you must always be careful of some mindful tips to ease your work smartly. Here is where you can go through the below information to be cautious while making a snowflake.
1. Be thorough with the design and shape you wish to make.
2. Ensure to keep your hands clean before making a paper snowflake.
3. Have sharp scissors to cut the shape of your snowflake neatly.
4. You can use cuticle scissors for intricate snowflakes.
5. You can use tracing paper for a more delicate and perfectly symmetrical look.
6. You can save the end scraps of paper while cutting your snowflake to make tiny snowflakes from them. Additionally, it helps you decorate the larger ones.
7. Regular and ideal square for a paper is 8.5x 11inches.
8. If you are making the snowflake with your child, be careful while using the pair of scissors. It would be nice if you cut the snowflake yourself for him to avoid any mishap.
9. Do not allow your kid to touch the scissors in your absence.
10. You can decorate the snowflake with the materials of your choice.
11. Be prepared with the basic materials beforehand to avoid any last-minute rush.
12. Choose a cozy corner or a perfect couch/chair as the cuts might be challenging to collect.
13. Avoid using cardstock or construction paper for better results.
14. Keep a trash bin handy to immediately collect the mess.
Quick Sum Up
Snowflakes have always been a charmer to heal even a broken soul. But then, you cannot be dependent upon nature always to bless you with charming inspiration. So, for example, if you have always wanted to create one, now is the best time to start.
Of course, a snowflake template can save you a lot of time and effort and even provide you with preloaded designs. A snowflake template printable can further assist you by guiding you with multiple examples and themes. For example, you can inculcate any modern theme in your snowflakes like Star Wars, Frozen, Ballerina, Snowman, and even a Dala Horse.
With the use of a paper snowflake template, you can easily print, fold, cut, and shape your snowflakes within no time.
So, instead of passing your time idly, thinking about how to make it productive, gear up, collect your materials and start creating a snowflake now. Tag your kid along to bond over the crafts and help him grow and learn joyfully.
Have a Happy Crafting!